Dermka Clinik is committed to ensuring the privacy and security of your personal information. We also believe in transparency. This policy outlines how we handle your personal data. Please read it carefully to understand our management of personal information and your rights under applicable laws.
When Does This Policy Apply?
This policy outlines our practices regarding personal information for which we are the “data controller” under applicable laws. This includes information collected when you visit our website, “dermkaclinik.com,” and websites of our affiliated business units accessible via hyperlinks on this site.
Privacy laws generally require obtaining your consent to collect, use, or disclose your personal information. Depending on the circumstances, your consent can be express or implied. Express consent can be given verbally, electronically, or in writing. Implied consent may be inferred based on circumstances. For example, if we state that we might send certain correspondence to your home address, and you later provide your home address for this purpose, we would not typically require your express consent to use your home address to send that correspondence. In such cases, your consent is implied.
We will assume you consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information for a specific purpose if you voluntarily provide it for that purpose.
You may change or withdraw your consent at any time with reasonable notice, subject to pre-existing legal or contractual obligations, by contacting our Privacy Officer as indicated below. Note that withdrawing consent may limit your use of our websites and interactions with Dermka Clinik. Your ability to modify or withdraw consent is not absolute. Dermka Clinik reserves the right to continue processing your personal information when required or allowed by law, despite the modification or withdrawal of your consent.
Collection, Use, and Sharing of Information
Dermka Clinik collects personal information, including your name, date of birth, postal address, email address, phone number, and other permanent medical data that will be used to provide you with services, process your orders, and notify you as necessary for additional services.
Below are certain circumstances in which we may use your personal information without obtaining your consent. If you provide us with your personal information, we assume you consent to these uses, unless you indicate otherwise. These circumstances include:
- Using your personal information and contact details, such as your name and email address, to provide information about Dermka Clinik and its websites when you request it.
- Using your personal information and contact details, such as your name and email address, to identify you and provide you with the products and services you request, including those related to our websites, and to communicate with you about these products and services.
- Using information about your preferences to provide our products and services, including those related to our websites, in accordance with these preferences.
- Using information about your interactions with us, such as service requests, instructions, comments, and feedback, to help us provide products and services, including those related to our websites, as you wish.
- Using your address to ship your order.
- Using your personal information for the purposes for which it was provided to us and for other activities reasonably related to those purposes. For example, if you send us a question or comment by email, Dermka Clinik will use your email address to respond. Dermka Clinik may also retain your message and email address, as well as a copy of its response, for future reference.
- Analyzing your personal information to help us design and improve our products and services and our websites.
- Analyzing your personal information to help us conduct market research and strategic planning.
At Dermka Clinik, we take precautions to protect your information. Dermka Clinik has implemented appropriate security mechanisms to protect your information both online and offline in our Dermka Clinik clinics and partner clinics when you submit information (such as your name and email address) through the website.
When we collect certain sensitive information (such as credit card data), it is encrypted and securely transmitted. You can ensure this is the case by looking for a closed padlock at the bottom of your browser or the “https” prefix at the beginning of the webpage address.
Please note that we do not change our site’s data collection and use practices when your browser sends a “Do Not Track” signal.
Before using the appointment booking feature on the Dermka Clinik website, the user must complete the registration form. During registration, the user must provide certain information (such as their name and email address). This information is used to send you appointment confirmations and reminders and to inform you about products and services offered on our website in which you have expressed an interest.
We collect certain information to process your online order. To place an online order, you will be asked to provide your contact information (such as your name and shipping address) and your payment details (such as your credit card number and expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to process your orders. If we encounter difficulties processing an order, we will use this information to contact you.
If you wish to reorder your last order, we will use your personal information and the prescription we have on file for you to process your request.
Device and Usage Information
We use “cookies” on this site. A cookie is a piece of data stored on a visitor’s hard drive to help us improve their access to our site and identify repeat visitors. For instance, when we use a cookie to identify you, you won’t have to select your location on each visit, saving you time. Cookies also allow us to track and target user interests to provide a better site experience. We also collect “log files” that track actions performed on the site, data such as your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, landing and exit pages, and timestamps, as well as “web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels,” which are electronic files used to record data on how you navigate the site.
We use this data to help identify potential risks and fraud and, more generally, to enhance and optimize the site (e.g., by generating analytics on how our customers navigate and interact with the site and measuring the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns). We will also send you information and advertisements related to our products or services when this corresponds to the preferences you have indicated.
Other Collections, Uses, and Disclosures
Moreover, in certain circumstances, the law allows or requires the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information without the person’s knowledge or consent. We reserve the right to collect, use, and disclose your personal information in these circumstances without your knowledge or consent, as allowed or required by law.
Accuracy and Completeness
When we collect, use, or disclose personal information, we will make reasonable efforts to ensure it is accurate, up-to-date, and complete. This may require asking you for additional information or verifying your information. If your personal information changes, you are responsible for notifying us so that the personal information we have remains accurate.
Retention and Destruction
For legal and business purposes, we may retain your personal information as long as reasonably necessary. Once the appropriate retention period has expired, taking into account our reasonable legal and business requirements, your personal information will be securely destroyed or anonymized. Be aware that the law provides for minimum retention periods that Dermka Clinik must comply with.
Occasionally, Dermka Clinik’s website requests information through surveys. Participation in these surveys is entirely optional, and you can choose whether or not to participate and disclose personal information. Information requested may include contact details (such as your name and postal address) and demographic data (such as your postal code and age group). Data collected through surveys may be used to monitor or improve the use and satisfaction of the site and Dermka Clinik clinics.
Access Requests to Personal Information
Upon your written request, we will provide you with:
- Access to personal information about you under our control or custody, if applicable.
- Information about why we have used and are using personal information about you under our control or custody.
- Names of individuals or entities to whom we have disclosed or are disclosing your personal information, along with the circumstances in which we have done or are doing so.
All requests may be subject to reasonable fees or charges. We may require advance payment of a deposit or all the fees associated with processing a request for access to your personal information, if applicable.
All access requests must be made in writing and signed by the requestor. We need sufficient information and details from the requestor to verify their identity, locate the information accurately, and respond to the request.
A person’s ability to access personal information under our control is not absolute. Dermka Clinik reserves the right not to disclose personal information in certain circumstances. For example, we may not disclose personal information when:
- Disclosure could reasonably threaten a person’s physical or mental health and safety.
- Disclosure would reveal another person’s personal information.
- Disclosure would reveal confidential commercial information.
- We collected personal information as part of an investigation or legal proceeding.
Upon your request, we will correct errors or omissions in personal information under our control or custody. These requests must be made in writing and signed by you. We may need sufficient information and details from the individual to verify their identity, locate the information accurately, and respond to the request.
If you make such a request, we will take one of the following actions:
- Correct the personal information, and, if reasonable, send a notice of correction to third parties to whom we have transmitted incorrect information.
- Not correct the personal information but accompany it with a note indicating that a correction request has been made but not acted upon.
Corrections or changes will rarely, if ever, be made to opinions, including expert or professional opinions, in contrast to factual information, which may be corrected if it is inaccurate.
Please allow us 30 days to respond to any data access or modification and correction requests.
Last updated: September 2023.